Monday 23 March 2015

Michael Muller (Contemporary Artist)

Michael Muller


Michael Muller was born in 1970, he is an American photographer known for his celebrity and advertising photography. He has photographed portraits of a wide range for example: Actors, Musicians and Artists. 
He has shot movie posters and promotional photographs for many Hollywood movies such as Iron Man and X-Men. Muller is also known for his up-close underwater shark photography which has been featured on the travel channel. 

Michael was born in California and spend part of his childhood in Saudi Arabia, where his father was based for work. His family traveled to many countries while there, and the more Muller saw, the more he found himself drawn to photography which was a passion of his father's.

Michael spent his teen years in Northern California, where he became involved in the snowboarding scene. His first published photographs were of snowboarding, and he went on to spend five years travelling the world and photographing competitive snowboarders. Eventually Michael made his way back to Los Angeles, where he experimented with portraiture. In the years since his photographs have appeared in magazines, on album covers such as Rihanna's unapologetic and in ad campaigns, fashion editorials and gallery exhibitions.





This photograph inspired me to create my own version of this, This photograph is Untitled but I really like it because you can see the different colours and the contrast between light and dark. Personally I think it's very pretty and I did something similar with the photograph that I took recently. 






This is my sample I have done, similar to the photograph above I took this photograph on my iphone 6 then edited it on photoshop, again I like the colours in the picture and the different silhouettes. 










No comments:

Post a Comment