Wednesday 6 May 2015

Statement Of Intent (Multi-Disciplinary)

Statement of Intent.


I recently have been involved in a workshop which included the Raptor centre bringing in different types of birds. We were able to spend 3 hours drawing the amazing birds and photographing them. As this unit progressed alongside this I based my work around the theme of Owls and birds from the Raptor Centre as I was so inspired from the owls and other birds that came into college.

In Unit 33 I used the photographs from the visit and then also made a trip to the Raptor Centre which I took over 700 photographs there. I decided to do 3 final shoots for my finals for this unit and carry the rest of the photographs onto this unit. I plan to make 4 finals for this, all of which will be magazine covers for Vogue Magazine. I have looked at artists such as Ellyn Abraham. He creates amazing pieces that look unreal, he prints on to acetate and fabric and the outcomes are stunning. I am going to do something similar with another idea I have. My idea is to print feathers onto brown parcel paper, canvas, water colour paper and then photocopy them onto acetate. I will then scan the acetate sheets in and hope to create 3 different repeat patterns for a design for 3 reusable bags. I am planning to promote help save the birds within my Vogue front covers, and with the bags it's promoting recycling.

I've scanned in a few of my feather prints and they have turned out very well, I like the texture they have got not only on the print itself but around it aswell. In my posh samples I have explored a wide range of photoshop skills, I have also combined photography with digital. In my finals you can see the development because the two studio shoot front covers are quite simple and standard where as the 2 outdoor finals I have also are quite complex to the extent where I have double exposure in one of them, and the colours work really well with one another.

I'm hoping by the end of this project to have completed all 3 design ideas for my reusable bag. Also I am proud to say I have finished my front cover finals. This is good because you can see the contrast with all four of them and personally I think tall the finals work well together to complete help save the birds and the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment