Thursday 8 January 2015

Final Bird Photography Shoot

I decided to a third and final photoshoot. Using completely different models, completely different make-up, different setting. Everything about the last photo shoot was different to the previous ones. Personally out of all three, this one was the most natural and most realistic. Only because we went round the back of college and went into the forest and found loads of trees and leaves and a more realistic environment for birds. I enjoyed this shoot a lot although I do feel dreadfully sorry for the models because they froze. 

 To start off with this is my first photograph I took with these models and it was my favourite out of all of them. I managed to capture a sense of movement in the background and also I captured a sense of urban and rural within the photograph. I think all three models are all so different but they work so well together. I like in this photograph how the colours of the leaves make the models stand out a lot. The only thing I would change is I would probably make Joe (far left) put his hood up a bit more, only because it lets the photograph down because you cannot see his eyes very well. Although it does give the photograph a sense of mystery and darkness. It seems to the viewer that the girls in front may not know he is there. 

This is another favourite of mine, this is because I captured a sense of nature within the photograph. I like it because it seems like Joe (Right) is watching over the other bird, making sure she doesn't hurt herself or something. I also chose them both to wear black because I wanted them to look kind of mysterious. Like a raven or a black bird. I took inspiration from the other photo shoots I had previously did and also I took inspiration from when the raptors came into college and they all stood on a log. So I tried including it into my own work. Also I like this photograph because the models are very much so in focus and the leaves in the background give the picture a certain effect. Also the colours all work well together. I haven't edited these yet but when I do I am hoping to have more contrast, and brightness. 

Above is another one of my favourites. I like it because it shows different levels within the photograph, it shows Maisie (far right) right at the front, looking in shock. It's almost like they have been captured doing something they shouldn't be doing. Also I like the environment around them because they are beautiful colours and they work well with the models clothing. It draws your eyes more to the models because the clothes that they are wearing are so dark. I personally like the photographs I took of all of them together because they work well as a team and they all look good together.



The reason I did another shoot is because I wanted a comparison to the previous shoots I had done. Also we had a thick chunk of time to do this shoot so I'm happy with the outcomes. They did their make-up very well and I am so thankful to them. They did so well. 

This is Maisie. she managed to do her make-up in 15 minutes and it's exactly how I planned them to have it. I'm happy with the way they all looked. The only thing I would change is I'd get more feathers to place in their hair so the viewer could distinguish that they are birds. Not that the viewer wouldn't be able to, I just want to make-sure the viewer knows for sure. The make-up is perfect colours and I took inspiration from pinterest. 




There's a lot of differences in these photographs compared to the ones I took in my third and final shoot. I enjoyed doing all three of them and they are all so different in there own ways. I like the photograph just above because of the feathers flying around. I like the one above that because I like the way the shadows behind them and also I like how Joe (middle) overpowers the photograph and my third and final favourite above that one. I like that because I captured a sense of urban and rural and also I captured the movement of the train which makes the models stand out greatly. Overall these three are my favourite from each shoot but I have many other favourites but I guess I have to pick one for each. I'm happy with these and I'm quite proud actually. These photographs haven't been edited at all, but for my final I am planning to edit all three of these and create three different front covers for Vogue Magazine. 

I enjoyed every minute of each shoot and I'd just like to thank all the models for taking part. So thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment