Monday 12 January 2015

Signs, Meanings and Messages and Evaluation (Final Minor)

The signs, meanings and messages in my own work are very strange but also similar to the signs, meanings and messages in Nicolas Ruel's work. 


The signs, meanings and messages to the viewer of my own work are very ghost-like and I've noticed a similarity in my work compared to Nicolas Ruel's work. Also I've found that the pictures seem to maybe be past people and their experiences in that specific place.


In this picture above it looks like the spirits of people, also in the picture, the viewer can see that the environment is constantly changing. It's never the same. This is very similar to Nicolas Ruel's work.


In this picture above it's in a very similar style to my own photograph. The only difference is Nicolas' work is more clearer. The way I can change my work to make it even better is to increase the contrast, the brightness etc. Also layer two very similar photos on top of one another or take a photograph using the app, then block in colour and show different colours instead of the picture being the same.



This picture is a prime example of what I'm trying to achieve. The only problem with this photo is the colours again, they are very faint and you can just about make them out. But I have to admit it makes the photograph more interesting. The moods in these pictures are quite unhappy. This is because the colours are dull and the people in the photograph look like they are there but they aren't. It's almost like they are vanishing into the distance.

I'm planning to carry on a similar theme in with Final Major, I may not stay on the theme of urban movement but I certainly will carry on the photography to further my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment