Thursday 15 January 2015

Long and Thins (Final Major)

In my first long and thin piece of experimental work I used coffee, and Indian ink to create half a face of an owl. I really enjoyed working at a bigger scale and I am very happy with it and I enjoyed using this technique too because it gave my owl the effect I wanted. Also working at a bigger scale helped me be more free and loose with it. 

My next long and thin was a collage of a previous photograph I had taken for my unit 33: lens based image making. I had decided to create a collage and rip the photograph up and then place in a different order. Reasons for this is I thought it would look quite interesting. And I was right it does look interesting. I created a feathery effect by using mount card on its side and the materials I used was emulsion, coffee and Indian ink to create the Owls eyes on the far right and the far left and I used the same materials for the owl in the middle too. I am overally happy with this and I'm glad I tried something different to everyone else because i personally think it looks really good and I really enjoyed working again on a larger scale and working with different media and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment