Thursday 8 January 2015

Second Bird Photoshoot

I had decided to do another photography shoot to do with my bird project. This is because I wanted to do different poses and have my models having different expressions. Also I wanted more variety of photographs to choose from. At first I thought it was all going good, then I had a good idea to throw a bunch of feathers over the models so it looks like they had a lot of their feathers plucked out of them. I enjoyed this shoot a lot as it was a lot different to the first shoot I did. I thought to start off with it would be a good idea for one model to wear a bright coloured skirt that flows. This is because it looked bird-like and I thought it worked perfectly with the different poses we did.


 This is one of my favourite photographs I took during the second photoshoot. This is because I like the way the feathers are caught flowing in the moment. We did this several times to try and get a photograph when the feathers were all up in the air. It took a lot of attempts to finally get this picture, but once I got it I was so happy. The problem we had with this shoot is that we were really short for time. This is because it was during a free. The last shoot I did was during open evening so we got 4 hours to complete the whole shoot. I think we did it well as a team this time and I'm pleased with the outcomes. I think it's a lot different to the first shoot I did. The poses, the costumes the make-up. It's all so different. The make-up wasn't as thought through as it was last time although it still works well. I think also that if Sofia (Left) wasn't wearing those patterned trousers, I think the photograph would have less character.




This photograph is another one of my favourites. This is because it's so simple yet so effective, the colours just tell the viewer the models mood. The only two criticism I have on this picture is that it seems to look cropped and also I don't like the chosen make-up. The first photo shoot I did was a completely different set out, the models outfits, make-up and hair were all different in the first. Personally the first shoot was better but I wanted a second shoot to get a comparison and also to get a different mood. The bright yellow shows happiness, but her face says something different. I like how I have taken the picture too. I liked the photographs from the studio because they were more successful compared to the ones from outside in the first shoot. I like the shadow in the background and you can see how she is feeling by the way she is sitting and the way the feather is falling from her hair.


Again another one of my favourites above. This is because the viewer can see the whole of them. Both models look messy and seem upset to the viewer. I wanted the viewer to see this picture and feel sorry for them. Only because they are birds and they have been captured from the wild and they are showing all their feathers are falling out. Both the yellow skirt and the black and white trousers give both models character. I think without them they would look just boring. I like how both models are looking down and almost frustrated with life. I think again if we had more time I would of helped the models more in sorted their make-up out. I personally feel that it looks rushed and I would love to do it all over again.

This is my fourth and final favourite from the second shoot I had done. I like this one because they both look so colourful. This brings a happy mood to the viewer but I want the viewer to capture their real moods and how they are hiding behind the way they look. Also it's a similar pose to what we did in the first shoot apart from it's a close up. This is good because it shows that Sofia (Left) doesn't mind that they have been 'captured' she seems happy whatever. Where as Emma (Right) seems angry at the world and this picture is suppose to speak out to the viewer. 
They both were so much fun to work with and I would definitely use them again if I had anymore upcoming photoshoots. They enjoyed it too, dressing up and throwing feathers at each other. So thank you to Sofia Burr & Emma Alhberg. I couldn't of done this without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment